The NSRI Accounting Specialist is responsible for supporting major financial and accounting areas, including, but not limited to accounts payable/accounts receivable, general ledger accounting, and account reconciliations. Other broad responsibilities include interacting with officials at senior levels of government, military and the civilian sector. The Accounting Specialist will perform varying and complex responsibilities in a high-visibility, fast-paced environment to ensure accomplishment of NSRI’s overall mission.
Job type: Full time; day shift; Monday - Friday
Salary: $45,000.00 - $55,000.00 per year
Work location: Omaha, Neb. (not remote)
The Accounting Specialist key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with NSRI cost accounting system management
- Assist in the management of NSRI post-award accounting and government invoicing
- Work with NSRI management to ensure that all invoices and transactions are accurately coded to specific projects ensuring necessary approvals are in place supporting the expense.
- Assist in developing and maintaining various financial reports for the Government and NSRI executive staff
- Assist in creating new vendors in NSRI’s cost accounting system, obtain W-9 form from new vendors and assist with issuing 1099s each year
- Assist with maintenance of NSRI Costpoint cost accounting system database to include entering data and reconciling expenses to monthly reports
- Ensure financial transactions are in compliance with NSRI and University rules and regulations, as well as State and Federal laws.
- Comply with records retention policies and procedures
- Assist in responding to audits and related matters
- Liaison with Government representatives in reconciling invoices and resolving payment
- Other duties as assigned
A successful candidate will possess a strong work ethic and the ability to adapt to business needs.
Other ideal attributes include:
- 5 years of accounting experience (required)
- Must have Associates degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent work experience in this field; bachelor's degree (preferred)
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat
- A high level of organization with ability to research and recall information
- Strong time management, prioritization and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work in an independent and collaborative setting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Deltek is a plus
Only full-time employees are eligible for the following benefits.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Are you willing to take a pre-employment drug test?
Apply through Indeed here.