Apply at Indeed
Salary: $55,000 - $65,000 a year
Job Type: Full-time
Accounting: 5 years (Required)
Microsoft Excel: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Job Description
The NSRI Finance Specialist is responsible for supporting major financial and accounting areas, including, but not limited to accounts payable/accounts receivable, general ledger accounting, and account reconciliations. Other broad responsibilities include interacting with officials at senior levels of government, military and the civilian sector. The Finance Specialist will perform varying and complex responsibilities in a high-visibility, fast-paced environment to ensure accomplishment of NSRI’s overall mission.
The Finance Specialist key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with NSRI cost accounting system management, Deltek Costpoint
- Assist in management of NSRI post-award accounting and government invoicing
- Assist in developing and maintaining various financial reports for the Government and NSRI executive staff
- Create Purchase Orders; ensure that proper approvals are received prior to issuing a P.O.
- Assume responsibility for the receipt, processing and entry of invoices into Deltek Costpoint and receiving invoices against P.O.s, as appropriate
- Ensure that all invoices are correctly coded to specific projects and that necessary approvals are in place, supporting the expense
- Assist in creating new vendors in Deltek Costpoint, obtain W-9 form from new vendors and assist with issuing 1099s each year
- Assist with maintenance of the Deltek Costpoint database to include entering data and reconciling expenses to monthly reports
- Ensure financial transactions are in compliance with NSRI and University rules and regulations, as well as State and Federal laws.
- Comply with records retention policies and procedures
- Assist in responding to audits and related matters
- Advise management concerning policies and procedures related to finance and budget; provide guidance in the resolution of cost accounting issues
- Liaison with Government representatives in reconciling invoices and resolving payment
- Other duties as assigned
A successful candidate will possess a strong work ethic and the ability to adapt to business needs. Other ideal attributes include:
- Must have Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration, or equivalent work experience in this field, plus 2-5 years of accounting experience and understanding of GAAP
- Familiarity with FAR and DFAR regulations preferred.
- Governmental contractor and job cost accounting experience preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat.
- A high level of organization with ability to research and recall information.
- Strong time management, prioritization and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work in an independent and collaborative setting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint is a plus.