Responsive, experienced team working nationally to serve and engage the Department of Defense and other federal agencies pursuing a mission of decisive deterrence and defense.
In 2012, the University of Nebraska was designated as a Department of Defense (DoD) University Affiliated Research Center with core competencies identified to deter, counter and defend against national security threats.
To accomplish this mission, NU developed the National Strategic Research Institute (NSRI), which is dedicated to supporting national interests and strategies by providing the DoD and other federal agencies with evolutionary and revolutionary solutions to the dangerous and evolving national security threats and their potential impacts to warfighters and civilians. Read more about us.
NSRI, a 501(c)(3) organization, has been awarded more than $203 million of work through 134 contracts and grants since 2012.
Benefits of doing business with NSRI
- Comprehensive knowledge of sponsors’ requirements and problems
- Broad access to information, including proprietary data
- Broad corporate knowledge
- Independency and objectivity
- Quick response capability
- Current operational experience
- Freedom from real and/or perceived conflicts of interest
Learn more via the DoD UARC Management Plan.