The Modeling and Simulation Integration Post-Doctoral Fellow will support research and development at the Defense Threat Reduction Agency's (DTRA) Nuclear Technologies Department (NT) within the Research and Development Directorate (RD). The Modeling and Simulation Integration Post-Doctoral Fellow will primarily report to the division chief for assessments (RD-NTA). This position will help RD-NTA develop the capability to test concepts, capabilities, and plans through rigorous assessment and wargaming to support nuclear requirements definition, operational planning and training.
Duties and Responsibilities
Improve the understanding of science with the objective of integrating nuclear effects modeling and simulation systems into wargames and wargaming technologies by:
- Assisting in the development of research topics and strategies
- Assisting in evaluation of proposals
- Assisting in the management of grants and contracts
- May involve software development work
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Software engineering
- Modeling and simulation
- History or military studies
- Computer science, user interfaces, visualization, or related curricula.
- Modeling and simulation software
- Software architecture
- High-level architecture (HLA) integration
- High-performance computing
- Machine learning
- Neural networks
- Multi-modal data fusion
- Worked with codes like HLA version 3 or FOM standard 2015
- Participated in Department of Defense wargame exercises
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Candidates must have a Ph.D or higher
(students who will have degree conferred within six months are encouraged to apply).
Eligibility & Requirements
- Candidate must be a US citizen.
- Candidates must be able to obtain a SECRET level security clearance.
- Candidates must pass a drug screen/background check
Fort Belvoir, VA
(applicants must be willing to relocate to greater Washington, DC area).